Frenchie and 2012

1 Jan

A new year, a new calendar.

January 1st is my day to browse through the year that just ended.

Looking back and flipping the pages of a busy schedule that went by too quickly.

Finding forgotten pictures.

Remembering events marked down on the calendar.

Oh oui, I did this back in April!

Oh and I forgot about this dinner party… complètement oublié !

A look-back at 2012 with some of the pictures readers seemed to like most.

2012 started in Paris for me. New Year’s Eve with family.

Discovering Cobéa and its wonderful creations.

Exploring new bakeries. Falling in love with Au Petit Versailles du Marais.

Spring in Boston is always an event.

Marblehead, Wellesley, Cape Cod.

The changing of the trees, the new light.

A nomination for a BostInno Insider Award.

Coconut, chocolate, and dried cherry teacakes with tarragon.

Or Asian basil béchamel Mac and Cheese with truffle oil flavors and blackened chicken.

Food imparted by experiences, landscapes and cultural experiments.

A spring trip to Napa Valley and San Francisco, CA for a wedding.

Celebrating at Garibaldi’s, wishing a dear friend a happy married life and eating Le Frenchie Burger – specially created by Chef John Beardsley.

The wine, tapas and view at Ram’s Gate. A delight for the mouth and eyes.

The drive up to Pride Mountain Vineyards around the valley, through the trees, winding up and down.

A lunch at Bar Bocce across the bay from San Francisco, on the beach, with friends and a fire pit.

Spain came right after California. A second wedding.

Driving through the Costa Blanca, little towns and villages along a shiny coastline.

Loosing yourself in Barcelona in search for the best tapas bars.

And a Spain-inspired recipe featured on www.NoshOn.It for its gluten-free Sunday specials.

I remember the colors as I write this.

And I can smell the oregano from Ca La Nati.

Summer came very quickly.

A birthday in Newport, RI, weekends in Gloucester and Provincetown, MA.

Salads, summer tarts, a fun interview, and participating in the Julia Child’s 100th anniversary campaign.

A summer to remember. Financiers to savor. Quiet sunny times to appreciate.

And thank you to BostInno for calling Frenchie and the Yankee one of Boston’s must-read food blogs.

The trip to Montreal was a nice end-of-summer break.

Going back to Olive & Gourmando, eating at Les 400 Coups and taking long walks in the city.

Montreal and this unequivocal blend of European and North American cultures.

Unique and colorful.

Fall came right around the corner and with a new season, new trips to plan.

But the joy of spending the change of seasons in New England remain the best feeling in the world.

Eating pieces of a chestnut flour savory cake with prosciutto and sun-dried tomatoes, while contemplating the idea of traveling through the region to observe the changing of seasons.

A time filled with colorful apples and squash varieties, baked apple scents and cinnamon.

Un vrai plaisir !

As 2012 started with France, it ended with France as well in November.

But not without spicing up the trip with an Istanbul stop.

Beautiful Turkey.

Memories of bright pomegranates, smiling people and red flags everywhere to celebrate their National Holiday.

A spiced pumpkin cake with rose water and cloves to remember the trip forever.

Fabrics and colorful dishes to bring a new life to my home.

I don’t know what 2013 will bring – well, I have an idea.

There will be new trips and new recipes of course.

Experiences to look forward to.

People to meet.

And food to eat!

Happy New Year to all! Bonne Année !

May 2013 be the best yet.

Advertisements

12 Responses to “Frenchie and 2012”

1. veroniquesavoye@gmail.com January 1, 2013 at 12:42 PM #

Belle retrospective, et un vrai tour de force, bravo a l’auteur/photographe! Une occasion pour cette nouvelle lectrice de se plonger dans plusieurs billets réalisés pendant l’année écoulée. En attendant de nouvelles aventures en 2013? Bonne année! Veronique

• David Santori January 1, 2013 at 7:36 PM #

@ Véronique: Thank you. I hope you will enjoy older posts. Bonne Année!

2. Rodger January 1, 2013 at 12:50 PM #

I can suppose 2013 will be again a year to eat more and more, sorry: I mean better and better, sacré David, va!

• David Santori January 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM #

@ Rodger: It’s always about food! 🙂

3. My French Heaven January 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM #

Stunning photography! I love to see my own countries through your expert eye!!

• David Santori January 1, 2013 at 7:37 PM #

@ My French Heaven: Thank you for your nice and kind comment.

4. ameliaschaffneramelia from z tasty life January 3, 2013 at 11:12 AM #

David: Bonne année! May 2013 bring you lots of colorful adventures, great food/people/travel and suceesses. Amelia

5. Isabelle @ Crumb January 4, 2013 at 2:20 PM #

I love this recap. I gives me the itch to run home and pack my bags for some lovely exotic destination… France or Spain, perhaps. Then again, that’s usually what happens whenever I visit your blog. It’s a problem. 🙂
    May 2013 bring you many delicious meals to eat, many beautiful vistas to photograph, many memorable moments to chronicle and many special friends with which to share all these things.

• David Santori January 4, 2013 at 2:23 PM #

@ Amelia: Thanks Amelia, same to you! Can’t wait to see what 2013 brings on your blog!
      @ Isabelle: You’re so sweet! I already want to pack my bags! 🙂 I wish you all the best for 2013. Just got your 2012 recap in my email, can’t wait to read it.

6. JP February 19, 2013 at 9:14 AM #

Bonjour David et toutes mes félicitations pour ton blog, vraiment bien. Pourrais-tu me dire ton secret pour avoir des photos avec autant de couleur. Merci

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Frenchie and | Frenchie and the Yankee - October 23, 2014

[…] While I mentioned this bakery several times already, it is always a stop for me when I am in town – Au Petit Versailles du Marais. And I […]

2. Frenchie and a Colorful Adventure | Frenchie and the Yankee - October 23, 2014