Frenchie and the Queen City

15 May

Finding new habits and new bearings.

Different light, weather and atmosphere.

I have made it to Charlotte and have started a new life.

This is a quick post to share some favorite photos of my new surroundings and discoveries.

Living in a corporate condo with my kitchen still packed away in storage is proving to be a challenge for cooking and being creative.

Colorful bowls, spices, utensils no more.

I will have to wait a little while longer before I am able to be inventive in the kitchen and cook away.

In the meantime, walking in the Queen City has proven quite fruitful to explore markets, cheese shops, spice shops and talking to farmers.

I did not expect the city to have such a big Farm-to-Table movement, which is very refreshing.

And with so much more to explore, I unfortunately have to take a quick break from Charlotte and set my sights on France for the next 10 days.

Frenchie and the Yankee is now on Instagram where you can follow the adventures.

I hope to be back with more tales to tell and new bites to share.

Note: the picture of the tarts, bowl of raspberries and Swiss chard were taken with an iPhone.

Advertisements

7 Responses to “Frenchie and the Queen City”

1. hayleylyons May 15, 2013 at 3:29 PM #

As a Charlottonean, I especially loved reading this post. Amazing pictures!!!! 🙂 -H

2. Hampton May 15, 2013 at 9:55 PM #

wELCOME TO THE sOUTH. i HOPE YOU WILL HAVE SOME GOOD COMFORT FOOD LIKE CHICKKEN FRIED STEAK WITH WHITE GRAVY AND GREENS. THEN A NICE WILTED LETTUCE SALAD FOLLOWED BY A BERRY COBBLER. HAVE A GOOD TRIP TO FRANCE AND GOOD EATING……..ONE OF MY FAVE BLOGS IS SOUTHERN FRIED FRENCH…A TRANSPLANT FROM CHARLESTON TO BURGUNDY…..

3. A May 15, 2013 at 11:58 PM #

Love seeing you in the Queen City! Hooray!

4. Jamie May 17, 2013 at 9:45 AM #

Oh, wishing you the best of luck and happiness in your new home. I have long wanted to visit charlotte – for the beauty, the Southern charm and the food! I would love to explore, so you have some wonderful time ahead of you. And I wish when you came to France it would be closer to Nantes. I do look forward to your posts from your new city.

5. JARDIN ANGLAIS May 19, 2013 at 7:01 AM #

Tous mes voeux pour cette nouvelle aventure !

6. Hampton June 2, 2013 at 10:30 AM #

I forgot to add “Tartelette” and Fork,Spoon and Knife” as 2 fave recipe blogs. FSN gets a bit carried away with her poetic mmusings but some of the recipes are easy to prepare. Have a good memorial day.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Frenchie and the Mint-Infused Quinoa Tabbouleh | Frenchie and the Yankee - June 7, 2013

[…] The move to Charlotte still fresh in my mind and France was already calling me. […]