When you start experiencing the Relish Carolina shindigs and their roaming dinner parties, you just can’t stop.
Sensory overload in the best way possible, they say. And it’s true!
Do you remember this partie de campagne at the farm? I do!
Every year, new themes, new food, new locations and new concepts.
The excitement always builds up as their new seasonal dinner calendar is announced.
This time – a South Carolina BBQ retreat to escape and joyfully spend a Sunday night among old and new friends.
The usual 100-120-seat long table, the same outdoor fairy lights.
The familiar vibe, the regular smiles and warmth of the crowd.
Countless ducks, chickens, fish, hogs, pork.
Fire pits, smoke, ash and enticing smells surrounding guests already busy cocktailing and grazing on the local charcuterie.
And going away from the traditional BYOP (Bring Your Own Plate), this time Le Creuset displayed an elegant and grandiose array of colorful plates, pitchers and cookware.
A perfect summer night.
If you’ve never participated in a Relish event, here is what you need to know:
– buy your tickets ahead of time, they disappear fast
– fast all day and come hungry
– be prepared to socialize, meet new people, and share family style food platters
– as Relish points out – it’s ok to talk to strangers – and you never know who might be seating next to you… your next best friend, a new client, or future husband/wife.
– try everything once, food or drinks, and go back for seconds
– bring bug spray if it’s an outside summer event
– enjoy local ingredients, food, chefs, mixologists and anything crafty Relish might have up its sleeve – and they have a lot of ideas!
– play the game, if there’s a theme, go with it!
– and of course, relax and have fun